Category: Junior/Club News
| Created: 19 December 2017
| Hits: 14117
If you are a parent in the club and have an interest in coaching, we are always on the look out for new coaches.
Just a few notes on what's involved:-
- A commitment to help out with the training for a particlar age group. The commitment might be for once a week every week. Or might be for less often once you make that clear to the coordinator of that age group.
- The club will register you as a member.
- Optionally you can do the Athletics Ireland coaching courses/ladder when they are scheduled (Assistant Coach, Level 1, Level 2 etc). The club reimburses the cost of these (e.g. currently its €60 for the Assistant Coach course).
- If there is a useful book or DVD that you'd like to purchase and are willing to share it with other coaches, the club will reimburse the cost.
- You pay as normal to register your own kids but have the benefit of the above items that the club pay for.
- If becoming a coach in the club, you must fill out the following 2 forms and return to the club:-
- Coach Registration Form
- Coaches need to fill in above form each year in order to be registered and insured to coach with the club
- Garda Vetting Forms
- Click the above link to get to the AAI page on eVetting.
- For over-18s, there is just the eVetting form at above link to be completed.
- For under-18s, there is an additional parental consent form at above link.
- The vetting process needs to be done every 3 years.
- The following document provides alot of information on how the club is run:-
- The following documents should also be read and followed:-
Contact Michael Tobin @ 087 6591879 if you have any questions not answered above.